Common man suffering due to govt-employee face-off: Hurriyat
Srinagar: The moderate Hurriyat Conference, headed by Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, on Monday said the common man in Jammu and Kashmir was suffering due to continuous tug of war between the state government and employees.
"Constant strikes by employees and government’s callous attitude to meet their demands have only added to daily woes of common man," Mirwaiz said in a statement here.
Both the employees and the government should find a solution through negotiations, he said.
The government and employees should know their rights and duties, the Hurriyat chairman said.
"Kashmiris are the worst sufferers and every possible effort should be made to provide relief to common masses," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Bodoland groups to relaunch statehood agitation next week
- Claudio Bravo joins Manchester City as Joe Hart`s replacement
- Flood situation remains grim in Bihar, eases in Madhya Pradesh
- Don't let India use your soil against us, Pakistan tells Afghanistan
- Congress rushes in defence of 'sidelined' AAP Punjab convener