Common man suffering due to govt-employee face-off: Hurriyat
Srinagar: The moderate Hurriyat Conference, headed by Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, on Monday said the common man in Jammu and Kashmir was suffering due to continuous tug of war between the state government and employees.
"Constant strikes by employees and government’s callous attitude to meet their demands have only added to daily woes of common man," Mirwaiz said in a statement here.
Both the employees and the government should find a solution through negotiations, he said.
The government and employees should know their rights and duties, the Hurriyat chairman said.
"Kashmiris are the worst sufferers and every possible effort should be made to provide relief to common masses," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months