Cong legislator Khajuria dies of heart attack
Jammu: Congress legislator and former Jammu
and Kashmir minister Yash Pal Khajuria passed away due to a
heart attack at a hospital in Jammu and Kashmir`s Udhampur
district, family members said.
He was 62 and is survived by his wife and two sons.
Khajuria was admitted to Udhampur district hospital
yesterday after he complained of uneasiness while travelling
to Jammu from Udhampur. He was later shifted to ICU of
Northern Command Military hospital.
Khajuria won his first election from Chenani Assembly
constituency in 1987 after losing the same seat to Prof Bhim
Singh in 1983. He served as Minister for Rural Development in
Farooq Abdullah headed NC-Congress coalition Government from
1987 to 1990.
He was elected as MLC in the Legislative Council
elections held on April 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi