Cong legislator Khajuria dies of heart attack
Jammu: Congress legislator and former Jammu
and Kashmir minister Yash Pal Khajuria passed away due to a
heart attack at a hospital in Jammu and Kashmir`s Udhampur
district, family members said.
He was 62 and is survived by his wife and two sons.
Khajuria was admitted to Udhampur district hospital
yesterday after he complained of uneasiness while travelling
to Jammu from Udhampur. He was later shifted to ICU of
Northern Command Military hospital.
Khajuria won his first election from Chenani Assembly
constituency in 1987 after losing the same seat to Prof Bhim
Singh in 1983. He served as Minister for Rural Development in
Farooq Abdullah headed NC-Congress coalition Government from
1987 to 1990.
He was elected as MLC in the Legislative Council
elections held on April 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi