Cong legislator Khajuria dies of heart attack
Jammu: Congress legislator and former Jammu
and Kashmir minister Yash Pal Khajuria passed away due to a
heart attack at a hospital in Jammu and Kashmir`s Udhampur
district, family members said.
He was 62 and is survived by his wife and two sons.
Khajuria was admitted to Udhampur district hospital
yesterday after he complained of uneasiness while travelling
to Jammu from Udhampur. He was later shifted to ICU of
Northern Command Military hospital.
Khajuria won his first election from Chenani Assembly
constituency in 1987 after losing the same seat to Prof Bhim
Singh in 1983. He served as Minister for Rural Development in
Farooq Abdullah headed NC-Congress coalition Government from
1987 to 1990.
He was elected as MLC in the Legislative Council
elections held on April 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends