Cong legislator Khajuria dies of heart attack
Jammu: Congress legislator and former Jammu
and Kashmir minister Yash Pal Khajuria passed away due to a
heart attack at a hospital in Jammu and Kashmir`s Udhampur
district, family members said.
He was 62 and is survived by his wife and two sons.
Khajuria was admitted to Udhampur district hospital
yesterday after he complained of uneasiness while travelling
to Jammu from Udhampur. He was later shifted to ICU of
Northern Command Military hospital.
Khajuria won his first election from Chenani Assembly
constituency in 1987 after losing the same seat to Prof Bhim
Singh in 1983. He served as Minister for Rural Development in
Farooq Abdullah headed NC-Congress coalition Government from
1987 to 1990.
He was elected as MLC in the Legislative Council
elections held on April 13.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative