Corruption charges against 4 Cong ministers, 7 ex-ministers
Jammu: Four Congress ministers in the Omar Abdullah government and seven former ministers, three of them sitting MLAs, are in the net of State Accountability Commission (SAC) in connection with allegations of corruption.
Cases against four sitting ministers and six former ministers are pending for probe before SAC in the state, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah informed the State Assembly today.
Nine cases have been registered against them and 98 officers, including some IAS officers and Chief Engineers, he said in a written reply to a question of M Y Tarigami (CPI-M).
The ministers against whom cases are pending are Peerzada Mohammad Sayeed (Floriculture), Taj Mohi-ud-din (Sports and Health Education), Abdul Majid Wani (Roads and Buildings) and Manohar Lal Sharma (Fishries and Cooperatives).
Of the former ministers three are from Congress - including former Deputy Chief Minister Mangat Ram Sharma - two from Peoples Democratic Front (PDF) and one each from National Conference and PDP.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case