Court directs police probe into slapping of senior official in J&K
Jammu: A local court has ordered police to probe the incident, where a senior public servant was allegedly slapped by Jammu and Kashmir Minister of State for Home, Sajjad Ahmed Kichloo.
The chief judicial magistrate of Kishtwar Ajay Gupta has asked police to submit a report in the matter by May 14, following a complaint by Kishtwar Development Authority CEO Riyaz Ahmed Choudhary, against the minister.
Choudhary had moved court on April 25 alleging that police had not acted on his complaint, which he had formally filed on the day of the incident on April 18 and had sought registration of an FIR against Kichloo.
According to Choudhary`s allegation, the minister had slapped him and was also attacked by the minister`s supporters as Kichloo was displeased by his late arrival for a chief minister`s rally in Kishtwar district.
"As I reached the spot a bit late, the minister told me `what do you think of yourself?`. (When) I said I am an official performing my duty, he (Kichloo) slapped me twice," Choudhary had told reporters after the incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!