Court directs police probe into slapping of senior official in J&K
Jammu: A local court has ordered police to probe the incident, where a senior public servant was allegedly slapped by Jammu and Kashmir Minister of State for Home, Sajjad Ahmed Kichloo.
The chief judicial magistrate of Kishtwar Ajay Gupta has asked police to submit a report in the matter by May 14, following a complaint by Kishtwar Development Authority CEO Riyaz Ahmed Choudhary, against the minister.
Choudhary had moved court on April 25 alleging that police had not acted on his complaint, which he had formally filed on the day of the incident on April 18 and had sought registration of an FIR against Kichloo.
According to Choudhary`s allegation, the minister had slapped him and was also attacked by the minister`s supporters as Kichloo was displeased by his late arrival for a chief minister`s rally in Kishtwar district.
"As I reached the spot a bit late, the minister told me `what do you think of yourself?`. (When) I said I am an official performing my duty, he (Kichloo) slapped me twice," Choudhary had told reporters after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter