Court directs police probe into slapping of senior official in J&K
Jammu: A local court has ordered police to probe the incident, where a senior public servant was allegedly slapped by Jammu and Kashmir Minister of State for Home, Sajjad Ahmed Kichloo.
The chief judicial magistrate of Kishtwar Ajay Gupta has asked police to submit a report in the matter by May 14, following a complaint by Kishtwar Development Authority CEO Riyaz Ahmed Choudhary, against the minister.
Choudhary had moved court on April 25 alleging that police had not acted on his complaint, which he had formally filed on the day of the incident on April 18 and had sought registration of an FIR against Kichloo.
According to Choudhary`s allegation, the minister had slapped him and was also attacked by the minister`s supporters as Kichloo was displeased by his late arrival for a chief minister`s rally in Kishtwar district.
"As I reached the spot a bit late, the minister told me `what do you think of yourself?`. (When) I said I am an official performing my duty, he (Kichloo) slapped me twice," Choudhary had told reporters after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof