Cross-border firing: J&K minister visits Uri
Uri: A high-level state delegation headed by Minister of State for Home Nasir Aslam Wani Monday visited this village to understand the problems faced by the people here in the aftermath of unprovoked shelling by Pakistani troops from across the border.
Accompanied by state Director General of Police Ashok Prasad, the Minister was flocked by people of the village, over 100 kms from the capital city of Srinagar.
Wani patiently listened to the problems of the people in this border village and assured them of all possible help.
He sanctioned an ambulance on-the-spot for the village which had come under heavy and unprovoked shelling from Pakistani side on October 17 that resulted in killing of three persons.
"The entire state government stands with you at the time of grief and sorrow," Wani told the families who had lost their kins in the shelling.
Locals praised the role of Indian Army which had not replied to the shelling by Pakistani troops as this could have led to loss of lives across the border.
The Minister, who had been sent by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, also handed over the letters recommending government jobs for the next of those killed in the shelling.
Wani was shown `Saib Post`, `Santara Post` and `Mike Post` while flying back to Srinagar city.
The Chief Minister had earlier said that guns were no solution to any issue and Pakistan, by resorting to unprovoked firing, was either trying to sneak in more infiltrators or making a fresh bid to internationalise the Kashmir issue.
"...We also have guns and mortars. If we also start firing, where will this stop?" Omar had said on the shelling from Pakistan side.
The chief minister had said only innocent people suffer due to the violation of ceasefire. "Three innocent persons were targeted without any reason," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days