Cross-border firing: J&K minister visits Uri
Uri: A high-level state delegation headed by Minister of State for Home Nasir Aslam Wani Monday visited this village to understand the problems faced by the people here in the aftermath of unprovoked shelling by Pakistani troops from across the border.
Accompanied by state Director General of Police Ashok Prasad, the Minister was flocked by people of the village, over 100 kms from the capital city of Srinagar.
Wani patiently listened to the problems of the people in this border village and assured them of all possible help.
He sanctioned an ambulance on-the-spot for the village which had come under heavy and unprovoked shelling from Pakistani side on October 17 that resulted in killing of three persons.
"The entire state government stands with you at the time of grief and sorrow," Wani told the families who had lost their kins in the shelling.
Locals praised the role of Indian Army which had not replied to the shelling by Pakistani troops as this could have led to loss of lives across the border.
The Minister, who had been sent by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, also handed over the letters recommending government jobs for the next of those killed in the shelling.
Wani was shown `Saib Post`, `Santara Post` and `Mike Post` while flying back to Srinagar city.
The Chief Minister had earlier said that guns were no solution to any issue and Pakistan, by resorting to unprovoked firing, was either trying to sneak in more infiltrators or making a fresh bid to internationalise the Kashmir issue.
"...We also have guns and mortars. If we also start firing, where will this stop?" Omar had said on the shelling from Pakistan side.
The chief minister had said only innocent people suffer due to the violation of ceasefire. "Three innocent persons were targeted without any reason," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India