CRPF jawan commits suicide in J&K
Jammu: A CRPF jawan has allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said in Jammu on Saturday.
Head constable J Parsad Varda, a resident of West Bengal, shot himself with his service weapon inside his barrack at Omara in Udhampur district on Friday evening, they said.
He was rushed to hospital where the doctors declared him as brought dead, they said, adding that the postmortem was conducted and the body was handed over to CRPF authorities.
Further probes are on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ayodhya self-defence camp: Azam Khan slams Bajrang Dal, says its polarising society
- Facebook to shut down its desktop ad exchange 'FBX'
- Shutdown over 'sainik colony' affects life in Kashmir
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results declared, check www.tseamcet.in
- Bollywood actress Jacqueline supports UN campaign against illegal wildlife trade