CRPF jawan commits suicide in J&K
Jammu: A CRPF jawan has allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said in Jammu on Saturday.
Head constable J Parsad Varda, a resident of West Bengal, shot himself with his service weapon inside his barrack at Omara in Udhampur district on Friday evening, they said.
He was rushed to hospital where the doctors declared him as brought dead, they said, adding that the postmortem was conducted and the body was handed over to CRPF authorities.
Further probes are on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!