CRPF jawan commits suicide in J&K
Jammu: A CRPF jawan has allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said in Jammu on Saturday.
Head constable J Parsad Varda, a resident of West Bengal, shot himself with his service weapon inside his barrack at Omara in Udhampur district on Friday evening, they said.
He was rushed to hospital where the doctors declared him as brought dead, they said, adding that the postmortem was conducted and the body was handed over to CRPF authorities.
Further probes are on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’