CRPF jawan commits suicide in J&K
Jammu: A CRPF jawan has allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said in Jammu on Saturday.
Head constable J Parsad Varda, a resident of West Bengal, shot himself with his service weapon inside his barrack at Omara in Udhampur district on Friday evening, they said.
He was rushed to hospital where the doctors declared him as brought dead, they said, adding that the postmortem was conducted and the body was handed over to CRPF authorities.
Further probes are on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital