CRPF jawan martyred in Srinagar terror attack laid to rest
Madurai: CRPF jawan Perumal, killed in a suicide attack in Srinagar, was on Friday laid to rest with state honours in his native village near here.
Amid a 21-gun salute by CRPF personnel, the body of the 31-year old soldier was buried at Tummanayakanpatti, about 50 km from here.
Tamil Nadu Minister Sellur K Raju, District Collector Anshul Mishra, CRPF commander Omprakash, District Superintendent of Police Balakrishnan were among those present at the funeral.
Earlier, Raju handed over a cheque for Rs 5 lakh, being the solatium announced by Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, to the parents of the late jawan.
He also assured them that all help would be provided to the family members.
Perumal and four of his colleagues were killed when two terrorists stormed a CRPF camp near a school in Srinagar on March 13.
The body of Perumal was late last night brought to Chennai by a flight and later here by road.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi