CRPF jawan martyred in Srinagar terror attack laid to rest
Madurai: CRPF jawan Perumal, killed in a suicide attack in Srinagar, was on Friday laid to rest with state honours in his native village near here.
Amid a 21-gun salute by CRPF personnel, the body of the 31-year old soldier was buried at Tummanayakanpatti, about 50 km from here.
Tamil Nadu Minister Sellur K Raju, District Collector Anshul Mishra, CRPF commander Omprakash, District Superintendent of Police Balakrishnan were among those present at the funeral.
Earlier, Raju handed over a cheque for Rs 5 lakh, being the solatium announced by Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, to the parents of the late jawan.
He also assured them that all help would be provided to the family members.
Perumal and four of his colleagues were killed when two terrorists stormed a CRPF camp near a school in Srinagar on March 13.
The body of Perumal was late last night brought to Chennai by a flight and later here by road.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!