CRPF jawan martyred in Srinagar terror attack laid to rest
Madurai: CRPF jawan Perumal, killed in a suicide attack in Srinagar, was on Friday laid to rest with state honours in his native village near here.
Amid a 21-gun salute by CRPF personnel, the body of the 31-year old soldier was buried at Tummanayakanpatti, about 50 km from here.
Tamil Nadu Minister Sellur K Raju, District Collector Anshul Mishra, CRPF commander Omprakash, District Superintendent of Police Balakrishnan were among those present at the funeral.
Earlier, Raju handed over a cheque for Rs 5 lakh, being the solatium announced by Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, to the parents of the late jawan.
He also assured them that all help would be provided to the family members.
Perumal and four of his colleagues were killed when two terrorists stormed a CRPF camp near a school in Srinagar on March 13.
The body of Perumal was late last night brought to Chennai by a flight and later here by road.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!