CRPF jawan martyred in Srinagar terror attack laid to rest
Madurai: CRPF jawan Perumal, killed in a suicide attack in Srinagar, was on Friday laid to rest with state honours in his native village near here.
Amid a 21-gun salute by CRPF personnel, the body of the 31-year old soldier was buried at Tummanayakanpatti, about 50 km from here.
Tamil Nadu Minister Sellur K Raju, District Collector Anshul Mishra, CRPF commander Omprakash, District Superintendent of Police Balakrishnan were among those present at the funeral.
Earlier, Raju handed over a cheque for Rs 5 lakh, being the solatium announced by Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, to the parents of the late jawan.
He also assured them that all help would be provided to the family members.
Perumal and four of his colleagues were killed when two terrorists stormed a CRPF camp near a school in Srinagar on March 13.
The body of Perumal was late last night brought to Chennai by a flight and later here by road.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'