CRPF officer killed in militant attack in Kashmir
Srinagar: A CRPF officer was killed and a jawan wounded in a militant attack at Nowgam Bypass here on Wednesday afternoon.
Unidentified gunmen fired at a CRPF patrol at around 3.30 PM injuring an assistant sub-inspector and a constable of the 29 Battalion, a senior CRPF officer said.
The militants, who came in a car, fled towards Pulwama after carrying out the attack, he said.
The ASI, critically wounded in the attack, succumbed to injuries on way to Army hospital, the officer said.
The constable was stated to be in stable condition, he said.
No militant outfit has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.
A hunt has been launched to nab the militants, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'