CRPF officer killed in militant attack in Kashmir
Srinagar: A CRPF officer was killed and a jawan wounded in a militant attack at Nowgam Bypass here on Wednesday afternoon.
Unidentified gunmen fired at a CRPF patrol at around 3.30 PM injuring an assistant sub-inspector and a constable of the 29 Battalion, a senior CRPF officer said.
The militants, who came in a car, fled towards Pulwama after carrying out the attack, he said.
The ASI, critically wounded in the attack, succumbed to injuries on way to Army hospital, the officer said.
The constable was stated to be in stable condition, he said.
No militant outfit has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.
A hunt has been launched to nab the militants, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown