CRPF officer killed in militant attack in Kashmir
Srinagar: A CRPF officer was killed and a jawan wounded in a militant attack at Nowgam Bypass here on Wednesday afternoon.
Unidentified gunmen fired at a CRPF patrol at around 3.30 PM injuring an assistant sub-inspector and a constable of the 29 Battalion, a senior CRPF officer said.
The militants, who came in a car, fled towards Pulwama after carrying out the attack, he said.
The ASI, critically wounded in the attack, succumbed to injuries on way to Army hospital, the officer said.
The constable was stated to be in stable condition, he said.
No militant outfit has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.
A hunt has been launched to nab the militants, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price