Curfew imposed after violence in Zanskar
Srinagar: Curfew was on Wednesday imposed in Zanskar area of Kargil district in Jammu and Kashmir following clashes between two communities in which three persons including a senior official were injured.
"Curfew was imposed in Zanskar area following clashes between two communities. Three persons including the Tehsildar of Zanskar were injured in the clashes, who are being shifted to Srinagar," a police spokesman said.
He said the situation is under control and constantly monitored by civil and police administration, who are camping in the town.
"Additional reinforcements of police have been dispatched from Srinagar to assist the administration," the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened