Curfew imposed after violence in Zanskar
Srinagar: Curfew was on Wednesday imposed in Zanskar area of Kargil district in Jammu and Kashmir following clashes between two communities in which three persons including a senior official were injured.
"Curfew was imposed in Zanskar area following clashes between two communities. Three persons including the Tehsildar of Zanskar were injured in the clashes, who are being shifted to Srinagar," a police spokesman said.
He said the situation is under control and constantly monitored by civil and police administration, who are camping in the town.
"Additional reinforcements of police have been dispatched from Srinagar to assist the administration," the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 605—Tanushree makes another attempt to denigrate Pragya
- Al-Qaeda wanted to swap PM's abducted son for Zawahiri's women
- Will Jacqueline Fernandez do a sex comedy? Details inside
- Dalit reporter in Pakistan forced to eat separately at workplace
- India's MTCR entry will boost non-proliferation efforts: US