Deputy sarpanch shot at in J&K
Srinagar: A deputy sarpanch was allegedly shot at and injured by militants in north Kashmir Kupwara district, police said on Wednesday.
Noor Mohammad Khan (50), deputy sarpanch from Bongamin Kupwara, reported at Police Station Kupwara in injured condition this morning, a police spokesman said.
He said Khan stated that he was shot at by militants inside the compound of his local mosque in the wee hours today when he had gone there to offer prayers.
"Khan sustained injury in left arm and has been admitted in Sub District hospital, Kupwara," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO