Eight killed, 12 injured in road accident in Doda
Jammu: Eight persons were killed and 12 others injured when a matador skidded off the road and fell into a deep gorge in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said Wednesday.
The ill-fated vehicle was on its way from Doda to Bhaderwah when it skidded off the road and fell into a deep gorge at Bhalla, 190-kms from here, in Doda district around 1500 hours today, police said.
Five persons died on the spot and three others succumbed to injuries in district hospital at Doda, they said, adding 12 others were hospitalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal