Encounter in Sopore; 5 LeT militants killed
Srinagar: Five militants, belonging to Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), were killed in a gunbattle with security forces in Sopore area in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district Tuesday.
The militants were killed in a joint operation by army and police at Sadhpora, some 55-km from here, an army official said.
They belonged to Pakistan-based militant outfit LeT, he said adding the gunfight lasted over 13 hours.
The security forces raided the place following specific information about the presence of militants in the area, the official said.
Three militants were killed in two operations in Sopore area on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest