Ensure power, water supply to township for Kashmir
Jammu: Claiming that displaced Kashmiri migrants rehabilitated in Jagti Township were facing difficulties due to erratic supply of power and water, the Socialistic Democratic Party (SDP) on Sunday asked the state government to ensure adequate amenities to them.
"Jagti Township of the displaced Kashmir Migrants is becoming a torture cell for its residents in absence of water and power supply," party president Darakhshan Andrabi told reporters here.
She claimed that for days together the township remains in dark in absence of the electric supply. She demanded that the relief given to the displaced community should be increased as the meager amount given to them is insufficient to sustain them in the present situation.
Andrabi asked the state government to provide free electricity to the displaced community. She demanded that the remaining posts in government jobs under Prime Minister`s package should be filled without delay and said the unemployed educated youth of the community are yearning to go the Kashmir to serve in their native land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Jamiat Ulema-e-Pakistan leader Aqeel Anjum narowly escapes assassination attempt
- China's finance minister sees ''Brexit'' heightening uncertainty for markets
- Is Aamir Khan scared of 'Sultan'? Here's what Salman Khan has to say
- Nissan creates GT-R Drone to match the updated 2017 GT-R
- Neighbouring country trying to destabilise India: Rajnath