Ensure power, water supply to township for Kashmir
Jammu: Claiming that displaced Kashmiri migrants rehabilitated in Jagti Township were facing difficulties due to erratic supply of power and water, the Socialistic Democratic Party (SDP) on Sunday asked the state government to ensure adequate amenities to them.
"Jagti Township of the displaced Kashmir Migrants is becoming a torture cell for its residents in absence of water and power supply," party president Darakhshan Andrabi told reporters here.
She claimed that for days together the township remains in dark in absence of the electric supply. She demanded that the relief given to the displaced community should be increased as the meager amount given to them is insufficient to sustain them in the present situation.
Andrabi asked the state government to provide free electricity to the displaced community. She demanded that the remaining posts in government jobs under Prime Minister`s package should be filled without delay and said the unemployed educated youth of the community are yearning to go the Kashmir to serve in their native land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!