Ensure power, water supply to township for Kashmir
Jammu: Claiming that displaced Kashmiri migrants rehabilitated in Jagti Township were facing difficulties due to erratic supply of power and water, the Socialistic Democratic Party (SDP) on Sunday asked the state government to ensure adequate amenities to them.
"Jagti Township of the displaced Kashmir Migrants is becoming a torture cell for its residents in absence of water and power supply," party president Darakhshan Andrabi told reporters here.
She claimed that for days together the township remains in dark in absence of the electric supply. She demanded that the relief given to the displaced community should be increased as the meager amount given to them is insufficient to sustain them in the present situation.
Andrabi asked the state government to provide free electricity to the displaced community. She demanded that the remaining posts in government jobs under Prime Minister`s package should be filled without delay and said the unemployed educated youth of the community are yearning to go the Kashmir to serve in their native land.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview