Ensure power, water supply to township for Kashmir
Jammu: Claiming that displaced Kashmiri migrants rehabilitated in Jagti Township were facing difficulties due to erratic supply of power and water, the Socialistic Democratic Party (SDP) on Sunday asked the state government to ensure adequate amenities to them.
"Jagti Township of the displaced Kashmir Migrants is becoming a torture cell for its residents in absence of water and power supply," party president Darakhshan Andrabi told reporters here.
She claimed that for days together the township remains in dark in absence of the electric supply. She demanded that the relief given to the displaced community should be increased as the meager amount given to them is insufficient to sustain them in the present situation.
Andrabi asked the state government to provide free electricity to the displaced community. She demanded that the remaining posts in government jobs under Prime Minister`s package should be filled without delay and said the unemployed educated youth of the community are yearning to go the Kashmir to serve in their native land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack