Fire damages train coaches in Jammu railway station
Jammu: A fire broke out on Sunday inside two trains in Jammu Railway station damaging some coaches, police said.
General Railway Police (GRP) and Railway Protection Force (RPF) personnel led by SP (Railway) Shiv Kumar Sharma rushed to the spot. Fire tenders also reached soon.
As fire brigade officers were trying to douse the flames, fire broke out in another train (Amarnath Express).
Passengers were asked to vacate platform number one of the station as a precautionary measure, police said.
"No one was hurt in the incident," they said adding that Railway authorities have ordered a probe into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing