Firing in Baramulla, one dead, four injured
Srinagar: A 25-year-old man was killed and four were injured in firing allegedly by security forces during protests in Baramulla town of north Kashmir on Tuesday.
Hundreds of residents of Baramulla town took to streets to protest what they alleged ransacking of their houses by the army in the area, official sources said.
The protesters pelted stones at the army personnel who allegedly opened fire to disperse them, they said.
Five persons were injured in the firing, the sources said adding one them later succumbed to injuries.
He was identified as 25-year-old Tahir Latief Sofi, they said. The condition of one of the injured was critical.
The protestors also hurled stones at the Deputy Commissioner`s office smashing its window panes, the sources said.
Reinforcements had been rushed to the trouble-torn area to maintain law and order, they said.
An army spokesman said he was collecting details about the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL