Five militants killed as Army foils infiltration bid in Kupwara
Srinagar: Five heavily-armed militants were killed when army foiled a major infiltration bid from across the border in north Kashmir`s Kupwara district on Tuesday.
Five militants, who were trying to sneak into Kashmir, were killed in a fierce gunbattle with troops guarding the Line of Control (LoC) in Furkian Gali, a Defence spokesman said.
Troops noticed suspicious movement of some eight to nine persons between the LoC and fencing in the wee hours, he said.
When challenged, the ultras opened fire at soldiers who retaliated triggering the gunfight, the spokesman said.
The operation was still in progress, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials