Former Chief Justice of J&K Farooqi passes away
Srinagar: Former Chief Justice of Jammu and Kashmir High Court Mufti Bahauddin Farooqi on Saturday passed away following a brief illness at his residence here, his family sources said.
He was 90. Farooqi breathed his last at his posh Jawahar Nagar residence this morning and was later laid to rest at his ancestral graveyard in downtown Srinagar, they said.
He was the 12th Chief Justice of the state High Court from March 7, 1983 to August 23, 1983.
Jammu and Kashmir High Court Bar Association and moderate and hardline factions of Hurriyat Conference paid tributes to Farooqi`s contribution in the dispensation of justice.
He is survived by three sons and a daughter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use