Former Chief Justice of J&K Farooqi passes away
Srinagar: Former Chief Justice of Jammu and Kashmir High Court Mufti Bahauddin Farooqi on Saturday passed away following a brief illness at his residence here, his family sources said.
He was 90. Farooqi breathed his last at his posh Jawahar Nagar residence this morning and was later laid to rest at his ancestral graveyard in downtown Srinagar, they said.
He was the 12th Chief Justice of the state High Court from March 7, 1983 to August 23, 1983.
Jammu and Kashmir High Court Bar Association and moderate and hardline factions of Hurriyat Conference paid tributes to Farooqi`s contribution in the dispensation of justice.
He is survived by three sons and a daughter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi