Former Chief Justice of J&K Farooqi passes away
Srinagar: Former Chief Justice of Jammu and Kashmir High Court Mufti Bahauddin Farooqi on Saturday passed away following a brief illness at his residence here, his family sources said.
He was 90. Farooqi breathed his last at his posh Jawahar Nagar residence this morning and was later laid to rest at his ancestral graveyard in downtown Srinagar, they said.
He was the 12th Chief Justice of the state High Court from March 7, 1983 to August 23, 1983.
Jammu and Kashmir High Court Bar Association and moderate and hardline factions of Hurriyat Conference paid tributes to Farooqi`s contribution in the dispensation of justice.
He is survived by three sons and a daughter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi