Former Chief Justice of J&K Farooqi passes away
Srinagar: Former Chief Justice of Jammu and Kashmir High Court Mufti Bahauddin Farooqi on Saturday passed away following a brief illness at his residence here, his family sources said.
He was 90. Farooqi breathed his last at his posh Jawahar Nagar residence this morning and was later laid to rest at his ancestral graveyard in downtown Srinagar, they said.
He was the 12th Chief Justice of the state High Court from March 7, 1983 to August 23, 1983.
Jammu and Kashmir High Court Bar Association and moderate and hardline factions of Hurriyat Conference paid tributes to Farooqi`s contribution in the dispensation of justice.
He is survived by three sons and a daughter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH