Fresh snow, rains in Kashmir
Srinagar: The month-long dry spell in Srinagar ended today as the Valley received fresh snowfall and rains even as Ladakh region continued to freeze at sub-zero temperatures.
Fresh snowfall was witnessed at north Kashmir Ski resort of Gulmarg, Razdan Pass in Bandipora district and Shopian in south Kashmir, a MET official said.
Rainfall was witnessed in Srinagar, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, Anantnag district of south Kashmir, including Jawahar Tunnel area-- the gateway to the Valley.
The downpour in the plains has ended nearly a month-long dry spell.
Although a slight drizzle was witnessed on the last day of November, it lasted for just a couple of hours.
However, the Srinagar-Jammu National Highway -- the only road link between Kashmir and rest of the country -- was open to vehicular traffic, a spokesman of the traffic department said.
The weatherman has forecast snow and rains across the Valley over the next 24 hours.
Meanwhile, Leh in Ladakh was the coldest recorded place in the state where the minimum temperature dipped to minus 12.4 degrees Celsius last night.
Kargil district, also in Ladakh, recorded a low of minus 7.8 degrees
In the Valley, Gulmarg was the coldest place at minus 7.5 degrees Celsius, followed by south Kashmir resort of Pahalgam at minus 2.2 degrees Celsius.
The minimum temperature recorded in Srinagar city last night was minus 1.7 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah