Fresh snow, rains in Kashmir
Srinagar: The month-long dry spell in Srinagar ended today as the Valley received fresh snowfall and rains even as Ladakh region continued to freeze at sub-zero temperatures.
Fresh snowfall was witnessed at north Kashmir Ski resort of Gulmarg, Razdan Pass in Bandipora district and Shopian in south Kashmir, a MET official said.
Rainfall was witnessed in Srinagar, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, Anantnag district of south Kashmir, including Jawahar Tunnel area-- the gateway to the Valley.
The downpour in the plains has ended nearly a month-long dry spell.
Although a slight drizzle was witnessed on the last day of November, it lasted for just a couple of hours.
However, the Srinagar-Jammu National Highway -- the only road link between Kashmir and rest of the country -- was open to vehicular traffic, a spokesman of the traffic department said.
The weatherman has forecast snow and rains across the Valley over the next 24 hours.
Meanwhile, Leh in Ladakh was the coldest recorded place in the state where the minimum temperature dipped to minus 12.4 degrees Celsius last night.
Kargil district, also in Ladakh, recorded a low of minus 7.8 degrees
In the Valley, Gulmarg was the coldest place at minus 7.5 degrees Celsius, followed by south Kashmir resort of Pahalgam at minus 2.2 degrees Celsius.
The minimum temperature recorded in Srinagar city last night was minus 1.7 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!