Government official arrested with fake currency
Jammu: A Jammu and Kashmir government official was arrested on Tuesday and fake currency of the face value of Rs 65,000 was recovered from him, police said.
Executive engineer Manu Kumar was arrested from his house in Roopnagar after police received information about the fake currency from a bank where he had gone to deposit the amount.
Kumar had received the money from Kupwara district, they said, adding that a case has been registered against the official and further investigations into the matter is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- Yakub Memon's last words before he was hanged - 'I pardon you'
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment