Government official arrested with fake currency
Jammu: A Jammu and Kashmir government official was arrested on Tuesday and fake currency of the face value of Rs 65,000 was recovered from him, police said.
Executive engineer Manu Kumar was arrested from his house in Roopnagar after police received information about the fake currency from a bank where he had gone to deposit the amount.
Kumar had received the money from Kupwara district, they said, adding that a case has been registered against the official and further investigations into the matter is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'