Government official arrested with fake currency
Jammu: A Jammu and Kashmir government official was arrested on Tuesday and fake currency of the face value of Rs 65,000 was recovered from him, police said.
Executive engineer Manu Kumar was arrested from his house in Roopnagar after police received information about the fake currency from a bank where he had gone to deposit the amount.
Kumar had received the money from Kupwara district, they said, adding that a case has been registered against the official and further investigations into the matter is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!