Government official arrested with fake currency
Jammu: A Jammu and Kashmir government official was arrested on Tuesday and fake currency of the face value of Rs 65,000 was recovered from him, police said.
Executive engineer Manu Kumar was arrested from his house in Roopnagar after police received information about the fake currency from a bank where he had gone to deposit the amount.
Kumar had received the money from Kupwara district, they said, adding that a case has been registered against the official and further investigations into the matter is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- She's a bae! Priyanka Chopra to get special poster for 'Baywatch'
- Foreign Investors buoyed by Indian investment: USIBC to Obama
- Check Mahresults.nic.in & hscresult.mkcl.org for class 12th HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board, MSBSHSE today at 1 PM
- Pinarayi Vijayan to swear-in as Kerala CM today, says people have high hopes of us