Govt will give resources to resettle Kashmiri Pandits in Valley: Jaitley
New Delhi: Kashmiri Pandits who wish to go back to the Valley and settle there will be facilitated with all necessary resources by the government, Union Minister Arun Jaitley said today.
"There has been clarity in this government regarding many problems and we have even allocated money. Our Kashmiri Pandit brothers who want to go back and settle in the Kashmir Valley... The government will provide resources for them.
"Whatever is needed for them to live there, we will construct it," he said. Addressing the BJP`s National Council meeting here, Jaitley also said that the party understood the importance of the country`s pilgrimage centres and assured that the government will work with the states to construct ghats on river banks.
The BJP-led government is also taking steps to boost tourism, he said.The Finance Minister in his speech also spoke about the steps being taken by his government to improve the economic condition of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves