Govt will give resources to resettle Kashmiri Pandits in Valley: Jaitley
New Delhi: Kashmiri Pandits who wish to go back to the Valley and settle there will be facilitated with all necessary resources by the government, Union Minister Arun Jaitley said today.
"There has been clarity in this government regarding many problems and we have even allocated money. Our Kashmiri Pandit brothers who want to go back and settle in the Kashmir Valley... The government will provide resources for them.
"Whatever is needed for them to live there, we will construct it," he said. Addressing the BJP`s National Council meeting here, Jaitley also said that the party understood the importance of the country`s pilgrimage centres and assured that the government will work with the states to construct ghats on river banks.
The BJP-led government is also taking steps to boost tourism, he said.The Finance Minister in his speech also spoke about the steps being taken by his government to improve the economic condition of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister