Govt will give resources to resettle Kashmiri Pandits in Valley: Jaitley
New Delhi: Kashmiri Pandits who wish to go back to the Valley and settle there will be facilitated with all necessary resources by the government, Union Minister Arun Jaitley said today.
"There has been clarity in this government regarding many problems and we have even allocated money. Our Kashmiri Pandit brothers who want to go back and settle in the Kashmir Valley... The government will provide resources for them.
"Whatever is needed for them to live there, we will construct it," he said. Addressing the BJP`s National Council meeting here, Jaitley also said that the party understood the importance of the country`s pilgrimage centres and assured that the government will work with the states to construct ghats on river banks.
The BJP-led government is also taking steps to boost tourism, he said.The Finance Minister in his speech also spoke about the steps being taken by his government to improve the economic condition of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets