Govt will give resources to resettle Kashmiri Pandits in Valley: Jaitley
New Delhi: Kashmiri Pandits who wish to go back to the Valley and settle there will be facilitated with all necessary resources by the government, Union Minister Arun Jaitley said today.
"There has been clarity in this government regarding many problems and we have even allocated money. Our Kashmiri Pandit brothers who want to go back and settle in the Kashmir Valley... The government will provide resources for them.
"Whatever is needed for them to live there, we will construct it," he said. Addressing the BJP`s National Council meeting here, Jaitley also said that the party understood the importance of the country`s pilgrimage centres and assured that the government will work with the states to construct ghats on river banks.
The BJP-led government is also taking steps to boost tourism, he said.The Finance Minister in his speech also spoke about the steps being taken by his government to improve the economic condition of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming