Hardline separatists must change outlook: Mirwaiz
New Delhi: Hardline separatist groups should change their outlook in the efforts to find a solution to the Kashmir issue rather than professing politics of status quo which will not benefit anyone except them, moderate Hurriyat Conference chairman Mirwaiz Umer Farooq said on Friday.
"Well, I think they (hardline separatists) need to change their outlook," said the Mirwaiz, who is leading a seven-member delegation of moderate Hurriyat Conference group to Pakistan tomorrow for meetings with the Pakistani leadership.
He was replying to a question on hardline separatists including Syed Ali Shah Geelani being not in favour of any visit by Kashmiri leaders to Pakistan.
Without naming Geelani, the Mirwaiz said "it`s unfortunate that there was such voices. When we entered into a dialogue with New Delhi, they dubbed us as traitors and now when we are going to Pakistan we are being labelled as sellers.
"This is their (hardliners) politics of status quo which benefits only them and no one other. What should we do? If they have a solution, let them come forward and give us," he told PTI.
The Mirwaiz said a solution to Kashmir issue was not possible overnight and their visit to Pakistan was only a beginning. "A small step in the right direction," he said.
During their meetings, the Hurriyat delegation is due to meet Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari, Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf, Foreign Minister Heena Rabbani Khar, Chief of PML-N Nawaz Sharief, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf leader Imran Khan besides political leadership of Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir (PoK).
The Mirwaiz said during his meetings with Khar and PoK leadership, he would press for opening of Sharda temple at village Shardi in Attamukam area in PoK.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song