Hizbul Mujahideen militant held with arms in J&K
Srinagar: Two persons, including a Hizbul Mujahideen militant, were arrested along with a loaded pistol and two grenades in Kulgam district of south Kashmir on Saturday, police said.
The militant, identified as Imtiyaz Ahmad Bhat, was arrested by a police party during a search operation at Tachloo village of Kulgam, 70 kms from here, they said.
A pistol, one magazine and two Chinese hand grenades were recovered from the possession of Bhat, who is a "C" category militant of the terror outfit.
Bhat was arrested after getting specific leads from a moulvi, Yassir Hussain of Saroor village of Kishtwar, who was arrested earlier in the day for suspicious movement in the area.
Further investigations into the matter are underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players