Hizbul Mujahideen militant held with arms in J&K
Srinagar: Two persons, including a Hizbul Mujahideen militant, were arrested along with a loaded pistol and two grenades in Kulgam district of south Kashmir on Saturday, police said.
The militant, identified as Imtiyaz Ahmad Bhat, was arrested by a police party during a search operation at Tachloo village of Kulgam, 70 kms from here, they said.
A pistol, one magazine and two Chinese hand grenades were recovered from the possession of Bhat, who is a "C" category militant of the terror outfit.
Bhat was arrested after getting specific leads from a moulvi, Yassir Hussain of Saroor village of Kishtwar, who was arrested earlier in the day for suspicious movement in the area.
Further investigations into the matter are underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video