House panel for 100 pc allowance to teaching staff
Jammu: A Jammu and Kashmir Assembly panel has suggested sanctioning of 100 per cent allowances during winter and 45 per cent in summer to teaching staff working in far-flung areas of the state.
The recommendation was made by the House Committee headed by MLA Nazir Ahmed Gurezi at its meeting here to discuss the assurances pertaining to Education Department.
The Committee asked the Sarva Shiksha Abhyan (SSA) to work with dedication and complete all ongoing construction work of school buildings in a stipulated time frame.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez