Indo-Pak talks should focus on resolution of of Kashmir issue: J&K opp
Srinagar: In backdrop of Pakistan Premier Nawaz Sharif`s meeting PM Manmohan Singh, Opposition PDP in Jammu and Kashmir said resolution of Kashmir issue should be the focus of dialogue between the two countries for lasting peace in the region.
"Kashmir should be the focus of dialogue between the two countries (India and Pakistan) because people of Jammu and Kashmir are in the direct line of fire due to the hostility between the two neighbourers," PDP Patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed said at a public meeting in north Kashmir`s Kupwara district.
Referring to Sharif`s special envoy meeting the Prime Minister yesterday, he said instead of sticking to "hackneyed slogans", both the countries should adopt holistic and purposeful policy to resolve all issues, especially Kashmir.
Pakistan Premier`s special envoy Shaharyar M Khan yesterday met the Prime Minister and conveyed Islamabad`s "sincere desire" to move forward on improving relations with India.
He also delivered a letter from Sharif containing warm expressions of goodwill and good wishes for Singh, the government and people of India.
Hoping that Sharif`s coming to power in the neighbouring nation will script a new chapter of peace and normalcy in Indo-Pak relations, Sayeed said strengthening of democracy in Pakistan is a positive development which would help in accelerating the reconciliation process to solve all bilateral issues to establish lasting peace in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read