Jaish-e-Muhammad operative arrested in Kashmir
Srinagar: A Jaish-e-Muhammad operative, who was assigned a key role by the outfit to revive militancy in Kashmir`s Baramulla district, was arrested on Sunday, a police spokesman said here.
Javaid Ahmad Dar was arrested after police and army, acting on a specific information, launched a joint operation in Baramulla district, he said.
With the arrest of Dar, a member of a Jaish module, the security forces had thwarted the designs of the outfit to revive its operations in Baramulla, the spokesman said.
Dar was assigned an important role by outfit`s "local commanders" to revive militancy in and around Baramulla, he said.
Some arms and ammunition were recovered from him, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach