Jaish-e-Muhammad operative arrested in Kashmir
Srinagar: A Jaish-e-Muhammad operative, who was assigned a key role by the outfit to revive militancy in Kashmir`s Baramulla district, was arrested on Sunday, a police spokesman said here.
Javaid Ahmad Dar was arrested after police and army, acting on a specific information, launched a joint operation in Baramulla district, he said.
With the arrest of Dar, a member of a Jaish module, the security forces had thwarted the designs of the outfit to revive its operations in Baramulla, the spokesman said.
Dar was assigned an important role by outfit`s "local commanders" to revive militancy in and around Baramulla, he said.
Some arms and ammunition were recovered from him, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement