Jammu and Kashmir an integral part of India: Omar
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday ruled out that he had used words like "conditional" and "incomplete" regarding accession of Jammu and Kashmir to India and said the state is an integral part of the country.
"J-K acceded to India. If we acceded to India, are we not an integral part of India...Of course we are," Omar told media on the sidelines of re-opening of the bi-annual Darbar Move offices here today.
"Please do not put your words in my mouth? I never used the word `conditional` nor the word `incomplete`....I have not used such words. You pull out the Assembly record and say what I had said," Omar said, replying to a question about his comments over accession of the state to India.
Abdullah, during an interaction with a delegation of ambassadors of EU member nations, had reportedly said that while other states had merged with Union of India after accession, Jammu and Kashmir had only acceded to the federation on four matters of currency, communication, foreign affairs and defence.
"J-K acceded to India...It is a part of India, there is no two ways about that. There may be difference about how the state acceded to India as compared to other sides but that does not call into question accession," he said.
On alliance with the UPA and whether his party will join the Third Front, Omar said, "I have nothing to do with Third Front. National Conference is committed constituent of UPA."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Setback for Arvind Kejriwal as Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan for threatening woman
- Fawad Khan to romance Deepika Padukone in Ranveer Singh starrer 'Padmavati'?
- Solar Impulse 2 begins its final flight of world tour, heads to Abu dhabi
- 21 patients die on single day in Hyderabad govt hospital, staff blame power outage
- New Zealand's Queenstown Airport evacuated after 'bomb message' found on plane