Jammu and Kashmir govt condemns border firing incidents
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government has condemned firing by Pakistan troops from across the border, resulting in injuries to civilians, particularly children.
"We condemn such incidents of firing by Pakistani troops from across the border which is causing loss of life and property of innocent people," Minister for PHE, Irrigation and Flood Control Sham Lal Sharma said here on Thursday night.
Sharma visited the Government Medical College (GMC) here yesterday and enquired about the two women and three children injured in yesterday`s cross-border firing at Najwal border hamlet in Pargwal belt of Akhnoor district.
He interacted with the patients and their attendants and assured them all necessary assistance from the government.
Sharma issued instructions to the GMC authorities for providing best possible medical care to the patients.
Pakistan Army troops had yesterday pounded civilian areas along LoC, violating the ceasefire for the ninth time in four days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!