Jammu and Kashmir govt condemns border firing incidents
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government has condemned firing by Pakistan troops from across the border, resulting in injuries to civilians, particularly children.
"We condemn such incidents of firing by Pakistani troops from across the border which is causing loss of life and property of innocent people," Minister for PHE, Irrigation and Flood Control Sham Lal Sharma said here on Thursday night.
Sharma visited the Government Medical College (GMC) here yesterday and enquired about the two women and three children injured in yesterday`s cross-border firing at Najwal border hamlet in Pargwal belt of Akhnoor district.
He interacted with the patients and their attendants and assured them all necessary assistance from the government.
Sharma issued instructions to the GMC authorities for providing best possible medical care to the patients.
Pakistan Army troops had yesterday pounded civilian areas along LoC, violating the ceasefire for the ninth time in four days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port