Jammu and Kashmir govt condemns border firing incidents
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government has condemned firing by Pakistan troops from across the border, resulting in injuries to civilians, particularly children.
"We condemn such incidents of firing by Pakistani troops from across the border which is causing loss of life and property of innocent people," Minister for PHE, Irrigation and Flood Control Sham Lal Sharma said here on Thursday night.
Sharma visited the Government Medical College (GMC) here yesterday and enquired about the two women and three children injured in yesterday`s cross-border firing at Najwal border hamlet in Pargwal belt of Akhnoor district.
He interacted with the patients and their attendants and assured them all necessary assistance from the government.
Sharma issued instructions to the GMC authorities for providing best possible medical care to the patients.
Pakistan Army troops had yesterday pounded civilian areas along LoC, violating the ceasefire for the ninth time in four days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi