J&K: 500 inducted in BSF as constables
Srinagar: Over 500 fresh recruits were Sunday inducted as constables in the Border Security Force (BSF), after the Passing Out Parade held at its training centre in Humhama on outskirts of the city.
The graduates included 109 from Jammu and Kashmir, 362 from Uttar Pradesh, 65 from Assam, 2 from Delhi and one each from Haryana and Bihar.
In the 38-week rigorous basic training, the cadets were imparted training in counter-insurgency, anti-terrorism, commando operations, field engineering, field craft and minor tactics.
The parade was attended by Jammu and Kashmir Minister of State for Home, Nasir Aslam Wani and Inspector General Frontier K K Sharma.
Addressing the recruits, Wani said the BSF has always been at the forefront providing security to people. He said not only does the BSF guard the borders, but they have helped in maintaining law and order whenever required.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you