J&K: 500 inducted in BSF as constables
Srinagar: Over 500 fresh recruits were Sunday inducted as constables in the Border Security Force (BSF), after the Passing Out Parade held at its training centre in Humhama on outskirts of the city.
The graduates included 109 from Jammu and Kashmir, 362 from Uttar Pradesh, 65 from Assam, 2 from Delhi and one each from Haryana and Bihar.
In the 38-week rigorous basic training, the cadets were imparted training in counter-insurgency, anti-terrorism, commando operations, field engineering, field craft and minor tactics.
The parade was attended by Jammu and Kashmir Minister of State for Home, Nasir Aslam Wani and Inspector General Frontier K K Sharma.
Addressing the recruits, Wani said the BSF has always been at the forefront providing security to people. He said not only does the BSF guard the borders, but they have helped in maintaining law and order whenever required.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video