J&K cabinet approves SWRRA; ex-chief secy to be chairperson
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government has approved establishment of the State Water Resources Regulatory Authority (SWRRA) and appointed former Chief Secretary SS Kapur as its first chairperson.
The approval to this effect was given by the state Cabinet which met under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah here last evening, an official spokesman said.
The SWRRA has been set up under Section 139 of the Jammu and Kashmir Water Resources (Regulation and Management) Act 2010, the spokesman said.
The Cabinet also approved the appointment of VK Abrol and Abdul Rashid Tak as members of the authority.
In another decision, the Cabinet approved creation of the Court of Additional District and Sessions Judge at Handwara in Kupwara district.
It also approved re-employment of Mohammad Amin Wani as Superintendent, Super Specialty Hospital Srinagar for a period of one year.
The Cabinet approved improvement and upgradation of Ramnagar-Dudu road up to Latti in Udhampur district, at an estimated cost of Rs 34.60 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda