J&K CM condemns attack on Srinagar hotel
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday condemned the attack outside a hotel here, saying it was aimed at instilling fear among the people and disturbing peace.
"What was the objective of the attack ... They want to instil fear among the people and disturb the peace," Omar said while addressing a gathering in the old city after inaugurating the renovated Bulbul Shah Shrine here.
A bell boy of Hotel Silver Star was killed and two other persons were injured when militants attacked an army convoy and later entered into the hotel premises at Lasjan on Parimpora-Panthachowk bypass road yesterday.
Omar said people have to remain cautious about elements inimical to peace who are hell bent upon disturbing the situation.
"Not everyone is pro-peace. As much as we make efforts to normalise the situation, these elements will try to do the opposite," he added.
Meanwhile, Lashkar-e-Toiba militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the attack on the Army convoy.
LeT spokesman Abdullah Ghaznavi told a local media organisation that its four cadres carried out the attack on the Army convoy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown