J&K cop with terror links figures in gallantry list
Srinagar: The name of encounter specialist Sub Inspector Shiv Krishen, arrested for alleged terror links, figured in the list of recipients of gallantry awards given by Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.
According to the official hand out issued by the state government after the function presided over by Abdullah here yesterday, Krishen figured in the list of recipients of the Sher-e-Kashmir Police Medal for Gallantary after ADGP S M Sahai and IPS officer Nitish Kumar.
The state government has now initiated the process of withdrawing all the medals and honours given to Krishen, who is under arrest for alleged militant links.
"The process of stripping the officer of the honours and medals given to him has been initiated," police sources said.
Krishen, who has also received President`s Police Medal for Gallantry, was arrested earlier this month after investigations into a grenade attack on a police station in Doda region revealed that he was running a militant module.
Although Krishen had been awarded the state police medal many times before his arrest, the inclusion of his name in the list of recipients has drawn criticism from some quarters.
Kirshen was not present at the function held yesterday as he is in police custody following his arrest on June 4.
It was not clear whether his name was read at the function due to confusion over his name. Initial reports after his arrest identified him as `Shiv Kumar Sharma` but it was later corrected to his real name, Shiv Krishen.
The recipients of `Sher-e-Kashmir` medal also included a selection grade constable, Jagdish Singh, who got a medal pinned by the Chief Minister, in spite of being under suspension from service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’