J&K earthquake: Woman dies of heart attack while fleeing
Bhaderwah (Doda): Fresh tremors on Wednesday shook Bhaderwah belt of Doda district where a panic-stricken elderly woman died of a heart attack while fleeing from her home.
61-year-old Naseema Begum suffered the cardiac arrest while running out of her house during tremors this morning in Soti village of the district, officials said.
She was taken to a hospital, where she was declared as brought dead, they said.
Three moderate intensity earthquakes and five after shocks shook Bhaderwah valley and adjoining areas in Doda-Kishtwar belt of Jammu and Kashmir triggering fresh panic among the people.
The moderate intensity tremors of 4.8, 5.3 and 5.0 on the Richter Scale shook Baderwah valley and adjoining areas of Doda-Kishtwar belt at 1.28 AM, 1.30 AM and 1.33 AM today, MeT officials said.
The tremors were followed by aftershocks at 2 AM, 2.12 AM, 2.33 AM, 4.41 AM and 7.30 AM.
A total of 33 tremors have been recorded in the Bhaderwah-Doda-Kishtwar belt during the past fortnight with maximum 11 on May one.
Meanwhile, fresh snowfall occurred in mountainous belts of Bhaderwah valley in Jammu and Kashmir even as the plains witnessed rainfall.
There was fresh snowfall in Kailash mountain range and Ashapati glacier surrounding Bhaderwah valley last night, officials said today.
This triggered extreme cold wave conditions in the Valley, forcing the dwellers to wear warm clothes and to light up bonfires as most of the people spent night in the open due to fear of quakes that shook the area in the wee hours today.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India