J&K earthquake: Woman dies of heart attack while fleeing
Bhaderwah (Doda): Fresh tremors on Wednesday shook Bhaderwah belt of Doda district where a panic-stricken elderly woman died of a heart attack while fleeing from her home.
61-year-old Naseema Begum suffered the cardiac arrest while running out of her house during tremors this morning in Soti village of the district, officials said.
She was taken to a hospital, where she was declared as brought dead, they said.
Three moderate intensity earthquakes and five after shocks shook Bhaderwah valley and adjoining areas in Doda-Kishtwar belt of Jammu and Kashmir triggering fresh panic among the people.
The moderate intensity tremors of 4.8, 5.3 and 5.0 on the Richter Scale shook Baderwah valley and adjoining areas of Doda-Kishtwar belt at 1.28 AM, 1.30 AM and 1.33 AM today, MeT officials said.
The tremors were followed by aftershocks at 2 AM, 2.12 AM, 2.33 AM, 4.41 AM and 7.30 AM.
A total of 33 tremors have been recorded in the Bhaderwah-Doda-Kishtwar belt during the past fortnight with maximum 11 on May one.
Meanwhile, fresh snowfall occurred in mountainous belts of Bhaderwah valley in Jammu and Kashmir even as the plains witnessed rainfall.
There was fresh snowfall in Kailash mountain range and Ashapati glacier surrounding Bhaderwah valley last night, officials said today.
This triggered extreme cold wave conditions in the Valley, forcing the dwellers to wear warm clothes and to light up bonfires as most of the people spent night in the open due to fear of quakes that shook the area in the wee hours today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!