J&K Governor, CM greet people on Eid-ul-Fitr
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and his Cabinet colleagues on Tuesday felicitated people on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr, wishing them well being and prosperity.
In his Eid message, the Governor expressed hope that this auspicious occasion would be the harbinger of peace, progress, prosperity and happiness and would strengthen the bonds of communal harmony, brotherhood and amity, which are the hallmarks of J&K`s glorious pluralistic traditions.
Vohra prayed for the progress and well-being of the people of the State.
The Chief Minister in his message reminded the people of the essence of the festival and said "the day demands us remember the poor and needy, and share the happiness with them."
Omar said the spirit behind the observance of Eid-ul-Fitr, which marks the end of month-long fasting, is to "express our thanks to Almighty Allah for giving us the courage to observe fast in the month of Ramadhan and rededicate ourselves to the truthfulness, sincerity, self control, patience and human dignity showing complete obedience to Allah.
"Eid also embeds the message of taking care of the needy and making them part of the happiness by extending economic support to them," he said and expressed the hope that Eid would bring peace, prosperity and well-being to the State and the people all over the world.
Similar Eid greetings were extended to the people by ministers in the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune