J&K Governor, CM greet people on Eid-ul-Fitr
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and his Cabinet colleagues on Tuesday felicitated people on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr, wishing them well being and prosperity.
In his Eid message, the Governor expressed hope that this auspicious occasion would be the harbinger of peace, progress, prosperity and happiness and would strengthen the bonds of communal harmony, brotherhood and amity, which are the hallmarks of J&K`s glorious pluralistic traditions.
Vohra prayed for the progress and well-being of the people of the State.
The Chief Minister in his message reminded the people of the essence of the festival and said "the day demands us remember the poor and needy, and share the happiness with them."
Omar said the spirit behind the observance of Eid-ul-Fitr, which marks the end of month-long fasting, is to "express our thanks to Almighty Allah for giving us the courage to observe fast in the month of Ramadhan and rededicate ourselves to the truthfulness, sincerity, self control, patience and human dignity showing complete obedience to Allah.
"Eid also embeds the message of taking care of the needy and making them part of the happiness by extending economic support to them," he said and expressed the hope that Eid would bring peace, prosperity and well-being to the State and the people all over the world.
Similar Eid greetings were extended to the people by ministers in the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Divorce rates lowest among Hindus; more prevalent in Muslims, reveals latest Census data | Know details
- Persistent cough? Five possible causes and why you should see your doctor!
- Gerard Pique agrees with extra holidays for Neymar
- Politics over Yoga? BMC makes 'Surya Namaskar' mandatory in all affiliated schools in Mumbai
- Russia might use Iran air base again to carry out attacks on terror targets in Syria