J&K govt announces job for kin of slain panchayat member
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Saturday announced job for one family member of the slain panchayat member Mohammad Shafi Teli, who was killed by militants in Baramulla district on September 23.
"State government has taken a decision to provide government job to one of family members of Deputy Sarpanch Mohammad Shafi Teli," Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand said after visiting victim`s residence.
Stating that the government will take all steps to bring the culprits before law, Chand said every possible assistance will be provided to the victim`s family.
Teli was shot dead by militants last Sunday, which had led to a spree of resignations by Panchayat members in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- 'Udta Punjab' Box Office collection: Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt starrer crosses Rs 50 crore mark!
- 30 dead, 21 injured after bus catches fire in central China
- Revealed! Why 'Baahubali' didn’t feature a Bollywood star-cast!
- Top 5 ways to deal with mid-life crisis!
- Allahabad HC declines to entertain PIL to restrain media coverage of Kairana incident