J&K govt announces job for kin of slain panchayat member
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Saturday announced job for one family member of the slain panchayat member Mohammad Shafi Teli, who was killed by militants in Baramulla district on September 23.
"State government has taken a decision to provide government job to one of family members of Deputy Sarpanch Mohammad Shafi Teli," Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand said after visiting victim`s residence.
Stating that the government will take all steps to bring the culprits before law, Chand said every possible assistance will be provided to the victim`s family.
Teli was shot dead by militants last Sunday, which had led to a spree of resignations by Panchayat members in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday