J&K govt announces job for kin of slain panchayat member
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Saturday announced job for one family member of the slain panchayat member Mohammad Shafi Teli, who was killed by militants in Baramulla district on September 23.
"State government has taken a decision to provide government job to one of family members of Deputy Sarpanch Mohammad Shafi Teli," Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand said after visiting victim`s residence.
Stating that the government will take all steps to bring the culprits before law, Chand said every possible assistance will be provided to the victim`s family.
Teli was shot dead by militants last Sunday, which had led to a spree of resignations by Panchayat members in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars