J&K govt approves use of beacon lights on vehicles
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government has approved the use of red beacons on vehicles of top dignitaries of the state including the governor, chief minister, chief secretary, DGP and cabinet ministers.
The Cabinet, which met here under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Monday evening, approved the authorisation for use of red light with flasher on the top front of vehicles of various dignitaries including the Governor and Chief Minister, an official spokesman said Tuesday.
Besides them, former governors, deputy chief minister, chief justice, chairman legislative council, speaker of the Assembly, cabinet ministers, former chief ministers, leader of opposition in Legislative Council and Legislative Assembly and judges of High Court can use red beacons with flasher on their vehicles while on duty, he added.
The cabinet authorised use of red light without flasher on the top front of vehicle used by deputy chairman of Legislative Council, deputy speaker of Legislative Assembly, minister of state, chief secretary, advocate general, deputy minister, chairman of public service commission and the state`s Director General of Police (DGP), he said.
Speaker Mubarak Gul in the Assembly today said the cabinet has given approval to the use of red beacons as per the guidelines and orders of the Supreme Court of India.
The SC had on December 10 last year ruled that red beacon can only be used by high dignitaries holding constitutional posts while on duty.
Meanwhile, the cabinet also approved the use of blue light with flasher/bar on vehicles for emergency services such as ambulances, vaccine carriers and fire trucks.
Besides, civic bodies carrier vehicles including fumigation vans have been authorised to use white lights while vehicles on law and order duty, checking squad of motor vehicle department, traffic police and PCR vehicles and VIP escort vehicles have been authorised to use multi-coloured lights, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi