J&K govt employee arrested on graft charges
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir State Vigilance Organisation has arrested a government employee for allegedly demanding and accepting a bribe of Rs 5000.
Abdul Qayoom Khan, Junior Assistant in the SDM Office, Uri, was arrested yesterday while he was allegedly accepting the bribe from complainant Lal Din, a spokesman of the SVO said
Din lodged a written complaint with SVO Kashmir stating that Khan was demanding a bribe to release compensation to him in lieu of 12 walnut trees which were felled to make way for construction of a road in Balkote area of Uri.
During investigation, the SVO officials laid a trap and the accused employee was caught, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days