J&K govt employee arrested on graft charges
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir State Vigilance Organisation has arrested a government employee for allegedly demanding and accepting a bribe of Rs 5000.
Abdul Qayoom Khan, Junior Assistant in the SDM Office, Uri, was arrested yesterday while he was allegedly accepting the bribe from complainant Lal Din, a spokesman of the SVO said
Din lodged a written complaint with SVO Kashmir stating that Khan was demanding a bribe to release compensation to him in lieu of 12 walnut trees which were felled to make way for construction of a road in Balkote area of Uri.
During investigation, the SVO officials laid a trap and the accused employee was caught, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report