J&K govt employee arrested on graft charges
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir State Vigilance Organisation has arrested a government employee for allegedly demanding and accepting a bribe of Rs 5000.
Abdul Qayoom Khan, Junior Assistant in the SDM Office, Uri, was arrested yesterday while he was allegedly accepting the bribe from complainant Lal Din, a spokesman of the SVO said
Din lodged a written complaint with SVO Kashmir stating that Khan was demanding a bribe to release compensation to him in lieu of 12 walnut trees which were felled to make way for construction of a road in Balkote area of Uri.
During investigation, the SVO officials laid a trap and the accused employee was caught, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH