J&K govt releases Rs 57 crore for Panchayati Raj institutions
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has released an amount of Rs 57 crore for creation of assets for the Panchayat Raj institutions to ensure a vibrant administration at grassroots level.
The announcement was made at a high-level meeting presided by Minister for Rural Development, Panchayati Raj, Law Justice and Parliamentary Affairs Ali Mohammad Sagar held here yesterday.
The amount will be released directly to the Panchayats, so that they can themselves ensure the creation of assets in coordination with the executing agencies of the government, an official spokesman said.
An amount of Rs one lakh each per panchayat has already been placed at their disposal for taking up projects in their respective areas, the spokesman said.
Addressing the officers, the minister said the government is committed to ensure a vibrant Panchayati Raj system in the state and this measure would also augment the same.
He said the panches and sarpanches have already been empowered with the transfer of powers of 14 vital departments so that they can ensure sustained development of their respective areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir