J&K: Govt school teacher detained for molesting student
Srinagar: A government school teacher was on Saturday detained in Kulgam district of Kashmir after an 18-year-old student accused him of molesting her, police said.
In her complaint to the police, the girl said that on Thursday her teacher tried to molest her while she was returning home in a school bus after having come back from a picnic.
On Thursday, some girls were allegedly stalked by a group of youths while they were going to a picnic to Pahalgam tourist resort and who later slashed ear of one of them.
In the second incident involving the teacher, the victim incidentally belongs to the same school and the same picnic group.
The local residents had protested against the accused teacher and demanded his arrest, police said.
A case under section 342 RPC (wrongful confinement) and Section 294 RPC (obscene acts, songs or words) has been registered against the teacher.
A senior police officer said statements of teachers who were accompanying the students on the picnic are being recorded to ascertain the veracity of the allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr