J&K: Govt school teacher detained for molesting student
Srinagar: A government school teacher was on Saturday detained in Kulgam district of Kashmir after an 18-year-old student accused him of molesting her, police said.
In her complaint to the police, the girl said that on Thursday her teacher tried to molest her while she was returning home in a school bus after having come back from a picnic.
On Thursday, some girls were allegedly stalked by a group of youths while they were going to a picnic to Pahalgam tourist resort and who later slashed ear of one of them.
In the second incident involving the teacher, the victim incidentally belongs to the same school and the same picnic group.
The local residents had protested against the accused teacher and demanded his arrest, police said.
A case under section 342 RPC (wrongful confinement) and Section 294 RPC (obscene acts, songs or words) has been registered against the teacher.
A senior police officer said statements of teachers who were accompanying the students on the picnic are being recorded to ascertain the veracity of the allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deadlock over GST ends: Bill likely to be tabled in Rajya Sabha tomorrow
- Anushka Sharma talks about success, failure and more
- Hawaiian Airlines makes another emergency landing in Japan
- Shocking! Indian man washes vegetables in sewer water (Watch video)
- Olympics 2016: Usain Bolt arrives in Rio for shot at immortality