J&K govt sets up State Education Advisory Board
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government has set up State Education Advisory Board to achieve universalisation of elementary Education and to provide for better organisation and development of school education in the state.
On the direction of Deputy Chief Minister (Minister In-Charge, School Education), Tara Chand, SEAB has been framed and sent for confirmation to General Administration Department, a spokesperson of State Education Ministry said.
The board has been framed under Jammu and Kashmir School Education Act, 2002, which was enacted by the state Legislature in order to achieve the goal of universalisation of elementary education and to provide for better organisation and development of school education in the state, he said.
"The Act has come into force since 23rd April, 2002 i.E. Date of notification in Government Gazette. The Act envisages the Constitution of a State Education Advisory Board for the purpose of formulating Educational Policy and Administration", the spokesperson said.
The 11-member committee is headed by Deputy Chief Minister as Chairman and Secretary Education Ministry as Member secretary, he said.
Other members of the panel includes, Chairman, State Board of School Education, Directors of School Education of Kashmir and Jammu regions, Sadiq Wahid, Y R Malhotra, Farida Abdullah Khan, Nirmal Gupta, Sonam Angchuk (SECMOL) and Pawan Kumar Sharma.
Deputy Chief Minister, took over Education Ministry during January 15 cabinet expansion this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal