J&K govt sets up State Education Advisory Board
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government has set up State Education Advisory Board to achieve universalisation of elementary Education and to provide for better organisation and development of school education in the state.
On the direction of Deputy Chief Minister (Minister In-Charge, School Education), Tara Chand, SEAB has been framed and sent for confirmation to General Administration Department, a spokesperson of State Education Ministry said.
The board has been framed under Jammu and Kashmir School Education Act, 2002, which was enacted by the state Legislature in order to achieve the goal of universalisation of elementary education and to provide for better organisation and development of school education in the state, he said.
"The Act has come into force since 23rd April, 2002 i.E. Date of notification in Government Gazette. The Act envisages the Constitution of a State Education Advisory Board for the purpose of formulating Educational Policy and Administration", the spokesperson said.
The 11-member committee is headed by Deputy Chief Minister as Chairman and Secretary Education Ministry as Member secretary, he said.
Other members of the panel includes, Chairman, State Board of School Education, Directors of School Education of Kashmir and Jammu regions, Sadiq Wahid, Y R Malhotra, Farida Abdullah Khan, Nirmal Gupta, Sonam Angchuk (SECMOL) and Pawan Kumar Sharma.
Deputy Chief Minister, took over Education Ministry during January 15 cabinet expansion this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi