J&K: Major tragedy averted with detection of IED
Srinagar: A major tragedy was averted today as security forces detected and destroyed an improvised explosive device (IED) planted by militants under a culvert in Pulwama district of south Kashmir, police said.
A joint patrolling party of police and army detected a mobile phone-fitted IED under the culvert at Mandoora in Tral area of Pulwama district, 40km from here, this morning, a police spokesman said.
A bomb disposal squad was rushed to the spot and a grenade fitted on the IED was removed before the explosive device was destroyed in an open field, he said.
The road, where the IED was planted by the militants, is used by civilians as well as security forces, the spokesman said, adding, a major tragedy was averted due to timely detection of the explosives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read