J&K: Major tragedy averted with detection of IED
Srinagar: A major tragedy was averted today as security forces detected and destroyed an improvised explosive device (IED) planted by militants under a culvert in Pulwama district of south Kashmir, police said.
A joint patrolling party of police and army detected a mobile phone-fitted IED under the culvert at Mandoora in Tral area of Pulwama district, 40km from here, this morning, a police spokesman said.
A bomb disposal squad was rushed to the spot and a grenade fitted on the IED was removed before the explosive device was destroyed in an open field, he said.
The road, where the IED was planted by the militants, is used by civilians as well as security forces, the spokesman said, adding, a major tragedy was averted due to timely detection of the explosives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack