J&K marching fast on path to development: Dy CM
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand on Monday said the state is marching fast on the path to development and prosperity due to joint efforts of the government and the people.
"With joint efforts of the government and the people, the state is marching fast on the path to development and prosperity," he told a function here to celebrate the Republic Day.
"On the day we must reaffirm our pledge to fulfill the cherished dream of freedom fighters who had envisioned India as a strong, secular and democratic nation," he said.
The Deputy Chief Minister said his government is committed for equitable development of all three regions of the state.
"With the active support of the Central government, we are preparing the road map to make Jammu and Kashmir a model state," he said.
The function was organised by the Department of Information and Public Relations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY