J&K marching fast on path to development: Dy CM
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand on Monday said the state is marching fast on the path to development and prosperity due to joint efforts of the government and the people.
"With joint efforts of the government and the people, the state is marching fast on the path to development and prosperity," he told a function here to celebrate the Republic Day.
"On the day we must reaffirm our pledge to fulfill the cherished dream of freedom fighters who had envisioned India as a strong, secular and democratic nation," he said.
The Deputy Chief Minister said his government is committed for equitable development of all three regions of the state.
"With the active support of the Central government, we are preparing the road map to make Jammu and Kashmir a model state," he said.
The function was organised by the Department of Information and Public Relations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days