J&K marching fast on path to development: Dy CM
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand on Monday said the state is marching fast on the path to development and prosperity due to joint efforts of the government and the people.
"With joint efforts of the government and the people, the state is marching fast on the path to development and prosperity," he told a function here to celebrate the Republic Day.
"On the day we must reaffirm our pledge to fulfill the cherished dream of freedom fighters who had envisioned India as a strong, secular and democratic nation," he said.
The Deputy Chief Minister said his government is committed for equitable development of all three regions of the state.
"With the active support of the Central government, we are preparing the road map to make Jammu and Kashmir a model state," he said.
The function was organised by the Department of Information and Public Relations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report