J&K: Three cops held for beating woman to death
Srinagar: Four people, including three policemen, were arrested in Kashmir`s Anantnag district on Sunday for allegedly beating a woman to death during a police search for contraband drugs, a police official said.
"Three policemen and the son-in-law of the woman have been arrested. Further probe will be done after the autopsy report," the police official said.
People in Ahlaan Gadool village in the Kokarnag area of Anantnag on Friday staged a protest demonstration after the death of 65-year-old Mukhti.
Family members of the woman alleged that she was ruthlessly beaten up during a police raid on Friday. She complained of a chest pain and later passed away.
The villagers alleged that police raided the woman`s house based on a false information given by her estranged son-in-law, who works as a police informer, that there were stocks in the house of some contraband herb called dioscerea, which is found in the valley forests and used in making drugs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Chemical factory blast sends shock waves in Dombivali near Mumbai; 3 dead, over 100 injured
- HC stays Haryana government's decision to grant 10% reservation to Jats, 5 other communities
- Unveiled! First teaser poster of Riteish Deshmukh, Nargis Fakhri's 'Banjo' – View pic
- REVEALED: Harbhajan Singh tells what he told Aussies after which they stopped sledging him
- Facebook bids goodbye to desktop ad exchange