JK Police build database of residents
The Jammu and Kashmir Police have begun a census of residents here to build a database to help them keep an eye on miscreants who may foment trouble.
Cops are visiting houses to collect details of residents, police sources said.
Besides the number of persons living in a particular dwelling, they will also seek details about the occupation of residents.
The exercise has been undertaken particularly in areas which have been notorious for street protests during the 2008-09 turmoil, the sources said.
Efforts are being made to keep a check on tenants living in rented homes to ensure that non-state elements are unable to establish a base in the city, they said.
Militants had attacked two police stations in the past week causing concern over ultras` attempt to revive militancy in the region.
Moreover, the data will also help in gauging the extent of unemployment in these areas so that police recruitment drives can be better focused, the sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents