JKLF to hold `Jail Bharo` stir from Jan 4
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) will hold a 10-day `Jail bharo` agitation in the state from Friday to protest against awarding capital punishment and life sentence to Kashmiri prisoners by various courts.
The agitation will start on Friday from the party headquarters at Maisuma in the heart of the city and continue till January 14, a spokesman of the separatist group said in a statement.
"The main purpose of the Jail Bharo Tehreek is to lodge protest against awarding of capital punishment and life sentence to Kashmiri prisoners," the spokesman said.
He said the agitation also aimed at highlighting the "plight" of Kashmiri prisoners in jails.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative