JKLF to hold `Jail Bharo` stir from Jan 4
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) will hold a 10-day `Jail bharo` agitation in the state from Friday to protest against awarding capital punishment and life sentence to Kashmiri prisoners by various courts.
The agitation will start on Friday from the party headquarters at Maisuma in the heart of the city and continue till January 14, a spokesman of the separatist group said in a statement.
"The main purpose of the Jail Bharo Tehreek is to lodge protest against awarding of capital punishment and life sentence to Kashmiri prisoners," the spokesman said.
He said the agitation also aimed at highlighting the "plight" of Kashmiri prisoners in jails.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!