JKLF to hold `Jail Bharo` stir from Jan 4
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) will hold a 10-day `Jail bharo` agitation in the state from Friday to protest against awarding capital punishment and life sentence to Kashmiri prisoners by various courts.
The agitation will start on Friday from the party headquarters at Maisuma in the heart of the city and continue till January 14, a spokesman of the separatist group said in a statement.
"The main purpose of the Jail Bharo Tehreek is to lodge protest against awarding of capital punishment and life sentence to Kashmiri prisoners," the spokesman said.
He said the agitation also aimed at highlighting the "plight" of Kashmiri prisoners in jails.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days