JKNPP demands NIA probe into secretariat annexe fire
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party has demanded a high-level probe into the fire on Thursday morning at the Civil Secretariat annexe in Srinagar.
"An immediate inquiry by National Investigation Agency and a judicial probe by a sitting judge of Supreme Court should be ordered into the fire," JKNPP patron Prof Bhim told reporters here.
A major fire broke out at the annexe of the Civil Secretariat, the seat of Jammu and Kashmir government, in Srinagar minutes before the scheduled opening of the offices today.
A major fire broke out today in the annexe of the Civil Secretariat complex which completely gutted the two-storey wooden structure.
Officials said there were no immediate reports of any injuries. The exact cause of the fire was not immediately known, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?