JKNPP demands NIA probe into secretariat annexe fire
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party has demanded a high-level probe into the fire on Thursday morning at the Civil Secretariat annexe in Srinagar.
"An immediate inquiry by National Investigation Agency and a judicial probe by a sitting judge of Supreme Court should be ordered into the fire," JKNPP patron Prof Bhim told reporters here.
A major fire broke out at the annexe of the Civil Secretariat, the seat of Jammu and Kashmir government, in Srinagar minutes before the scheduled opening of the offices today.
A major fire broke out today in the annexe of the Civil Secretariat complex which completely gutted the two-storey wooden structure.
Officials said there were no immediate reports of any injuries. The exact cause of the fire was not immediately known, they added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'