JKNPP demands NIA probe into secretariat annexe fire
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party has demanded a high-level probe into the fire on Thursday morning at the Civil Secretariat annexe in Srinagar.
"An immediate inquiry by National Investigation Agency and a judicial probe by a sitting judge of Supreme Court should be ordered into the fire," JKNPP patron Prof Bhim told reporters here.
A major fire broke out at the annexe of the Civil Secretariat, the seat of Jammu and Kashmir government, in Srinagar minutes before the scheduled opening of the offices today.
A major fire broke out today in the annexe of the Civil Secretariat complex which completely gutted the two-storey wooden structure.
Officials said there were no immediate reports of any injuries. The exact cause of the fire was not immediately known, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?