JKNPP demands NIA probe into secretariat annexe fire
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party has demanded a high-level probe into the fire on Thursday morning at the Civil Secretariat annexe in Srinagar.
"An immediate inquiry by National Investigation Agency and a judicial probe by a sitting judge of Supreme Court should be ordered into the fire," JKNPP patron Prof Bhim told reporters here.
A major fire broke out at the annexe of the Civil Secretariat, the seat of Jammu and Kashmir government, in Srinagar minutes before the scheduled opening of the offices today.
A major fire broke out today in the annexe of the Civil Secretariat complex which completely gutted the two-storey wooden structure.
Officials said there were no immediate reports of any injuries. The exact cause of the fire was not immediately known, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA