Kashmir issue has direct bearing on Indo-Pak ties, says JKLF
Srinagar: Separatist outfit Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) on Friday claimed good relation between India and Pakistan cannot sustain without resolution of Jammu and Kashmir issue.
Referring to the upcoming foreign secretary-level talks, JKLF chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik said,"We are not against trade and commerce but we want to ask a question to both these countries. Can their good relations and trade ties succeed without the resolution of Jammu and Kashmir dispute?".
According to the set pattern, priority is given to those disputes and issues that have direct bearing on the lives and future of millions of people, he said.
"We hope good sense will prevail and India and Pakistan, without turning a blind eye towards the reality of Kashmir, will make efforts for a priority-based solution of this dispute," Malik said.
He was addressing a congregation at the shrine of sufi saint Sheikh Noor-ud-din at Charar-e-Sharief in central Kashmir.
Malik said the meetings and parleys between the two countries are all right but these two nations must give priority to the resolution of Kashmir issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried