Kashmir issue has direct bearing on Indo-Pak ties, says JKLF
Srinagar: Separatist outfit Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) on Friday claimed good relation between India and Pakistan cannot sustain without resolution of Jammu and Kashmir issue.
Referring to the upcoming foreign secretary-level talks, JKLF chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik said,"We are not against trade and commerce but we want to ask a question to both these countries. Can their good relations and trade ties succeed without the resolution of Jammu and Kashmir dispute?".
According to the set pattern, priority is given to those disputes and issues that have direct bearing on the lives and future of millions of people, he said.
"We hope good sense will prevail and India and Pakistan, without turning a blind eye towards the reality of Kashmir, will make efforts for a priority-based solution of this dispute," Malik said.
He was addressing a congregation at the shrine of sufi saint Sheikh Noor-ud-din at Charar-e-Sharief in central Kashmir.
Malik said the meetings and parleys between the two countries are all right but these two nations must give priority to the resolution of Kashmir issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will set up transit accommodations for Kashmiri Pandits till they feel safe to return: Mehbooba Mufti
- Youngsters at alcohol risk can be identified on social media
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared at 3 pm today
- Whoa! Shah Rukh Khan catches a plane back from work to beat the traffic! – See pic
- Music director Anu Malik hospitalized!