Kashmir issue has direct bearing on Indo-Pak ties, says JKLF
Srinagar: Separatist outfit Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) on Friday claimed good relation between India and Pakistan cannot sustain without resolution of Jammu and Kashmir issue.
Referring to the upcoming foreign secretary-level talks, JKLF chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik said,"We are not against trade and commerce but we want to ask a question to both these countries. Can their good relations and trade ties succeed without the resolution of Jammu and Kashmir dispute?".
According to the set pattern, priority is given to those disputes and issues that have direct bearing on the lives and future of millions of people, he said.
"We hope good sense will prevail and India and Pakistan, without turning a blind eye towards the reality of Kashmir, will make efforts for a priority-based solution of this dispute," Malik said.
He was addressing a congregation at the shrine of sufi saint Sheikh Noor-ud-din at Charar-e-Sharief in central Kashmir.
Malik said the meetings and parleys between the two countries are all right but these two nations must give priority to the resolution of Kashmir issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Italy quake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Syria launched chemical attacks, IS used mustard gas: UN report
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact