KP outfits extend support to APMCC for protest in Porbandar
Jammu: Various organisations representing Kashmiri Pandits in Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday announced their support to All Party Migrants Coordination Committee for their indefinite strike on January 30 at Porbandar in Gujarat.
Organisations including All State Kashmiri Pandit Conference (ASKPC) and Kashmiri Pandit Conference (KPC) have extended their support for APMCC`s protest in Porbandar to raise the long pending issues of Kashmiri Pandits.
"We will fully support the indefinite hunger strike by APMCC chairman Vinod Pandit from January 30 at Porbandar in Gujarat," ASKPC president H L Chatta, flanked by national president of KPC Kundan Kashmiri, told reporters here.
APMCC will launch second phase of its indefinite hunger strike in support of their six-point charter of demands at Porbandar on January 30.
The major demands of APMCC include setting up of a board for temples and religious properties in Jammu and Kashmir, dialogue with Pakistan for facilitating visit to Shardha Peeth in POK and establishment of Shardha Peeth University in the state, he said.
In October 2011, APMCC Chairman Vinod Pandit had been on a 10-day fast unto death and after the assurance of state Medical Education Minister R S Chib to take up the issue with state government, he called off the protest.
However, since then the issue has been left ignored by the state government which led to APMCC announce second phase of the agitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!