KU exams postponed because of snowfall
Srinagar: All examinations for professional
and undergraduate courses scheduled for the next two days at
the University of Kashmir have been postponed following fresh
snowfall across the valley, a varsity spokesperson today said.
"Owing to bad weather all the undergraduate and
professional examinations, which were scheduled to be held on
16th and 17th of January 2012, have been postponed," Showkat
Shafi, the University`s public relations officer, said.
Fresh dates for these examinations will be notified
separately, he said.
However, examinations for Bachelor of Education (BEd),
Bachelor of Physical Education (BPEd) and Fazilia courses
will be held as per the schedule.
Normal life in Kashmir valley has been severely hit by
fresh snowfall, which began last night and is forecast to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- After Mumbai Indians, Krunal and Hardik Pandya to play for new team
- Procedural delay and not failure, says MEA on India's NSG membership issue
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish