KU exams postponed because of snowfall
Srinagar: All examinations for professional
and undergraduate courses scheduled for the next two days at
the University of Kashmir have been postponed following fresh
snowfall across the valley, a varsity spokesperson today said.
"Owing to bad weather all the undergraduate and
professional examinations, which were scheduled to be held on
16th and 17th of January 2012, have been postponed," Showkat
Shafi, the University`s public relations officer, said.
Fresh dates for these examinations will be notified
separately, he said.
However, examinations for Bachelor of Education (BEd),
Bachelor of Physical Education (BPEd) and Fazilia courses
will be held as per the schedule.
Normal life in Kashmir valley has been severely hit by
fresh snowfall, which began last night and is forecast to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Myanmar denies clashes between Indian army, ethnic group
- Black money: Govt to ban cash transactions of above Rs 3 lakh
- Must see pics! Incredible images of lava from Hawaii’s volcano cascading into the ocean (Photo feature)
- A month on, search continues for missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- PM Modi calls for dialogue, accepts development alone can't bring 'lasting solution' to Kashmir