KU exams postponed because of snowfall
Srinagar: All examinations for professional
and undergraduate courses scheduled for the next two days at
the University of Kashmir have been postponed following fresh
snowfall across the valley, a varsity spokesperson today said.
"Owing to bad weather all the undergraduate and
professional examinations, which were scheduled to be held on
16th and 17th of January 2012, have been postponed," Showkat
Shafi, the University`s public relations officer, said.
Fresh dates for these examinations will be notified
separately, he said.
However, examinations for Bachelor of Education (BEd),
Bachelor of Physical Education (BPEd) and Fazilia courses
will be held as per the schedule.
Normal life in Kashmir valley has been severely hit by
fresh snowfall, which began last night and is forecast to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred