KU exams postponed because of snowfall
Srinagar: All examinations for professional
and undergraduate courses scheduled for the next two days at
the University of Kashmir have been postponed following fresh
snowfall across the valley, a varsity spokesperson today said.
"Owing to bad weather all the undergraduate and
professional examinations, which were scheduled to be held on
16th and 17th of January 2012, have been postponed," Showkat
Shafi, the University`s public relations officer, said.
Fresh dates for these examinations will be notified
separately, he said.
However, examinations for Bachelor of Education (BEd),
Bachelor of Physical Education (BPEd) and Fazilia courses
will be held as per the schedule.
Normal life in Kashmir valley has been severely hit by
fresh snowfall, which began last night and is forecast to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon