LeT claims responsibility for Srinagar hotel attack
Srinagar: Terror outfit Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) has claimed responsibility for the Friday attack outside a hotel on the Srinagar-Muzaffarabad highway in Nowgam area in which one person was killed and two others were injured, a CNN-IBN report said on Saturday.
A senior police officer said separatist guerrillas entered the Silver Star Hotel and fired indiscriminately at the employees.
"One employee identified as Farooq Ahmad belonging to Tral town in south Kashmir was killed in the firing while two others were injured," the officer said.
"The injured have been shifted to hospital for treatment."
The manager of the hotel told reporters that three gunmen had entered the lobby of the hotel making enquiries about the guests staying at the hotel after which they took three hotel employees in the backyard and opened fire at them.
Reports also said an Army convoy which was passing on the highway was halted for some time during the firing incident.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet