LeT claims responsibility for Srinagar hotel attack
Srinagar: Terror outfit Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) has claimed responsibility for the Friday attack outside a hotel on the Srinagar-Muzaffarabad highway in Nowgam area in which one person was killed and two others were injured, a CNN-IBN report said on Saturday.
A senior police officer said separatist guerrillas entered the Silver Star Hotel and fired indiscriminately at the employees.
"One employee identified as Farooq Ahmad belonging to Tral town in south Kashmir was killed in the firing while two others were injured," the officer said.
"The injured have been shifted to hospital for treatment."
The manager of the hotel told reporters that three gunmen had entered the lobby of the hotel making enquiries about the guests staying at the hotel after which they took three hotel employees in the backyard and opened fire at them.
Reports also said an Army convoy which was passing on the highway was halted for some time during the firing incident.
(With IANS inputs)
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India