Make videos of tourist spots to attract travellers: J&K minister
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Tourism Minister has asked officials to make video documentaries of important tourist spots in the state and show them through electronic media to attract tourists.
GA Mir, the state Minister for Tourism, advised the chief executive officers of tourism development authorities to make the videos and show them on electronic media, saying this would lead to an increase in the influx of tourists, besides boosting the state`s economy.
The minister was reviewing the progress of various tourism projects at Patnitop during a meeting yesterday, which was attended by officers from different tourism development authorities.
Mir instructed the chief executive officer of the Patnitop Development Authority to consult experts and revise the master plan of this tourist destination to make it more attractive.
He also instructed the officers to ensure better coordination with other departments for smooth and speedy execution of ongoing projects.
Mir directed the managing director of Jammu and Kashmir Tourism Development Corporation to improve facilities at tourist cottages.
During the meeting, discussions were held on the status of different projects, including tourist complex at Teligarh, conservation of Bhaderwah Fort, Yatri Niwas at Kishtwar and construction of tourism reception centre at Sarthal Devi.
Besides, construction of a water front tourist spot at Chhatroo, construction of budget accommodation facilities at Sanasar and Kud and development and conservation of Sansar Lake were also discussed.
Mir said the state government was committed to developing tourism infrastructure throughout the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth